I offer 60% affiliate sharing of all e-books and podcasts on MattForneyBooks.com, regardless of which products you promote. I'm offering such a high percentage because some customers you send will purchase paperback copies of my books via CreateSpace or podcasts via Patreon, where you do not get a commission.
The affiliate program is tracked by e-Junkie, a third-party e-commerce site I use to deliver my e-books to buyers. They track sales you make by using a browser-based cookie that stays on customers' computers for six months.
I pay affiliate commissions within the first two weeks of the month following the one in which the sales were made. For example, if you sell five copies of Confessions of an Online Hustler in January, I will send your commission (in this case, $29.95) by the second week of February.
To participate in the affiliate program, sign up with e-Junkie by clicking here. Sign-up is free and takes thirty seconds.
- Once you verify your new e-Junkie account, sign in and make sure you are in the Affiliate Admin section of the Affiliate tab.
- Click on Edit Profile to input your email address so I can send your commissions.
- Return to the Affiliate Admin screen and then click the Get Affiliate Code text link. You should see "MattForneyBooks.com" in the merchant drop-down menu. Click the orange Get Affiliate Code button.
- Scroll down to the Product Specific Affiliate Links section. You will see several of my books and podcasts in a drop-down menu. Pick the one you want to promote. (The Common Affiliate Link sends the customer to the front page of MattForneyBooks.com.) On the next page, you'll receive the affiliate link for the book.
- Shorten the link. The default e-Junkie links are long and strange-looking. Clean them up by using a URL shortener such as Goo.gl or Bit.ly.
- Test your final link to make sure it works.
- Promote the book/podcast. Successful affiliates have written honest reviews that discuss the strengths and flaws of the product being promoted. These reviews are then linked from the main page of a web site or email newsletter or referenced frequently in blog posts. The least effective way to promote a book or podcast is to leave a thumbnail on your blog that links directly to the book's page instead of your review.
That's it. Contact me here if you have any questions or if you want review copies of any of my books or podcasts.